Getting the ball rolling!
With a new year comes new opportunities! With a change in the High School schedule it has allowed us to extend lunch to 55 minutes. With this new change, I am hoping to see a shift in student participation in LGCA team sports. Over the past years I have witnessed a lack of accountability in team sports when it comes to practicing, communication, and academic responsibility. For these reasons I have made a new policy in our handbook in regards to athlete expectations here at LGCA. The highlights are as followed:
- A team parent must sign up to help with some responsibilities determined by the AD.
- Students must pay their fee and hand in their “Athletics Registration Consent Form pg. 15” before the deadline to be registered for the team.
- Regularly check Google Classroom for the team to help with communication and notifications.
- Students who miss 3 practices without a reason or informing the coach shall be released from the team with no refund of their sport fee. Homework Club takes priority over Practices or Intramurals. Individuals may be dealt with a case-by-case basis.
- When the team number drops below "critical mass" decided by the AD, the whole team shall fold and be cancelled. No reimbursements will be made for the entire team.
I am hoping that with these changes, all of those who are involved (students, parents, coaches, and staff) will take sports more seriously.
With that being said we are hoping to run the following sports this year:
Spring - Volleyball
Winter - Basketball
Spring - Ultimate and Track and Field
HS Athletic Director