The International Program at Lions Gate Christian Academy provides a unique opportunity for families seeking an international experience within a Christian environment.
At LGCA, international students are immersed in the English language through placement in the regular classroom with their English-speaking peers. The ELL (English Language Learner) teacher assesses ELL needs, provides small-group instruction twice a week, and collaborates with classroom teachers to provide in-class support for each student.
International Tuition Rates Policy 2017 / 2018
- A non-refundable registration fee of $300.00 is due with the initial registration. This fee applies to each student.
- A re-registration fee of $250.00 is due if the student re-registers. This fee is due annually or at each re-registration time if the initial registration was for less than a year.
- Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $15,000.00 CDN.
- Tuition is payable in full with the registration documents.
- Tuition is non-refundable except as follows:
- If a student visa is not granted to the student registered, then the full tuition fee less an administrative fee of $300.00 will be refunded.
- In cases of severe medical or other unforeseen emergencies, at the discretion of the Board, the full tuition fee less an administrative fee of $300.00 may be refunded.
- If a student registers and does not attend there will be no refund.
- If a student leaves for personal reasons there will be no refund
- The costs of daytime field trips are covered in the annual tuition. There may be an additional non-refundable fee for overnight field trips.
- International Students are required to attend all field trips including the overnight trips taken by students in Grade 4-7.
- School uniforms are mandatory. Costs of uniforms are approximately $500 per student. This cost is not included in the tuition.
- Each student is required to purchase a Bible from the school for a cost of $30.00.
- Should the school determine that your child needs Psychological Assessment and Diagnosis of complex development disabilities testing including: Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities and other conditions that impact on a child’s learning and behaviours, you will be billed for the testing. (Usual amount $2000.00 CAD).
- Canadian medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for all International Students. Insurance can be purchased at the office at a cost of $1.60 per day (one year = $483.20). These rates are subject to change.
- Proof of Medical Insurance and Student Study Visa is required before students begin classes.
Send or bring the completed forms below along with the following documents to the school:
- A copy of parent’s birth certificate or landed immigrant papers or Visa.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card.
- $300.00 Registration fee paid. (Non-refundable).
When the above information has been received by the school you will be contacted and notified of an interview date with the Admissions person and the Principal, and a time for admissions testing. Where students have been enrolled in another school, that school will be contacted.
Applications for September enrollment are accepted throughout the year.
Send or bring the completed forms below along with the following documents to the school